I wrote about the prompt below in partnership of Hosung. I hope you enjoy my fictional story!
Prompt: If you had a time machine, where would you go and what would you do? Who would you talk to?
If I had a time machine, I would be a worldwide hero, saving billions of lives. Whatever crisis happens, I would always have a solution to the problem. For example, having a time machine can find a cure to a virus that will be killing billions of people without a solution in this story.
Since the 18th century, there had been some rumors that there was a secret crate that Leonardo Da Vinci had hidden before his death. It was told that there were even greater works by Da Vinci that were not revealed to the world in the crate, including his very personal information. Hundreds and thousands of renowned treasure trackers went on expeditions seeking Da Vinci’s enclosed work, but nobody was able to discover the crate. One Sunday afternoon, on the River Bay Street, my friends and I were biking around a construction site. We were biking up and down the hills of the site until we were exhausted. We decided to go to the Arcade nearby. I was playing a game called “Follow Your Thoughts”, which is discovering clues to solve a complicated problem. I loved solving problems and discovering new things. I decided that I would solve my own mystery and the perfect place to look would be the construction site. That evening I planned to go on an adventure.
The night bird’s calls flew into the dark as I climbed down from my window. I biked as quickly as I could. When I got to the site, I silently sneaked into the construction zone. I was scared, but curiosity stirred inside me and forced me to move forward. I was jumpy and ready to flee at any second. “THUMP THUMP SPLAT”. I froze in place and turned off my flash light. I soon heard a faint humming noise that came from behind a door that was next to me. I slowly and carefully opened the door, as it made a screeching noise. As soon as I entered the room, I noticed a faint candle light’s glow. I walked towards it. I turned around to make sure no one was behind me. Then I heard it again. “THUMP THUMP SPLAT”. I walked towards the noise and found a crack in the ground just wide enough for my hand to fit in. I slowly pushed my shaking hand into the crack. I felt something cold, that was faintly moving. I pulled it out and suddenly the noise stopped. I stood there frozen and astonished, looking at the key I had pulled out. The key was turning and moving in my palm. It stopped and was pointing south. I moved the key around in my hand but no matter how much I tried to control it, it kept pointing at a certain same direction. I realized that it was trying to guide me. I didn’t know where, but somehow I knew that it was somewhere important.
The next day, I woke up in my bed. I thought that last night was just a dream. But when I opened my hand, I was still holding the key I found in the ‘dream.’ I took a closer look at it and noticed that there were initials engraved in the key. I inspected it carefully. After breakfast I headed to the construction site to start this adventure. I held the key in my hand and started in the direction that the key was pointing to. I had walked from street to street and found myself on the other side of town. Just as I was getting tired the key went still and I found myself in front of another crack. This one was much bigger than the other one that I found in my ‘dream.’ I slowly placed my hand through the crack and tugged at an object. It was a crate. I quickly took the key out from my pocket. Anxiously, I slid the key into the hole, and with a sound of a click the crate slowly opened. I was hoping to discover gold or diamonds. But all I found was just a sheet of paper filled with letters. I tried to make out the words but couldn’t seem to read it. It was as if everything was written backwards. I packed up the crate in his backpack and headed back home. As soon as I got home, I had a brilliant idea. I found a mirror and placed the paper with ‘letters backwards’ in front of the mirror. Suddenly I could read clearly the information the paper contained. It revealed the true identity of Mona Lisa amongst many other secrets. More importantly it contained a great puzzle that was linked to a grave and deadly prediction of the near future.
I told my parents about my discovery and my parents decided that they would hand it over to professional inspectors. I wanted to try to solve this mysterious prediction by myself but my parents convinced me that it was best to leave it to the pros. The experts worked hard trying to find the meaning of the paper, but couldn’t make any leads. They decided to ask me if I could come up with any clues. Somehow the crate had found me and they thought there could be a link. I studied the paper and discovered that there was going to be a massive threat to every living species on the earth. The President of the United States was soon alerted. After heavy investigation, his team assured us that this was nonsense and that no such weapons existed. I did not want to give up on the case and realized that Da Vinci was not referring to explosive weapons; he was referring to massive virus infection. Although I had found the meaning of the prediction, it was too late.
In a specialized lab, secretly located in the United States, a test took place. A scientist encased in a specialized suit slowly pulled out a lab rat from a crystal clear container. He injected a thick purple liquid that contained level four created viruses into the screeching rat. The rat struggled to live. Suddenly, with its last bit of strength, it escaped from the sealed container. The virus spread quickly through the air. Americans started to evacuate, but the virus was spreading and was killing everyone it reached. It spread through the air and across the country. When it reached River Bay Street, I went down with a THUMP. There was chaos everywhere. I lied there motionless and closed my eyes. Suddenly there was a light that stung my eyes. I opened them to find myself in my bed. Everything was just a dream. I breathed a heavy sigh of relief but when I opened my hand, I found a key still leading to a direction in my palm.
I was worried about the future, knowing what would happen in the future. I ran to look for the crate. And I made a new discovery; there was a gigantic machine near the crate. It was capable of three people inside. I found after a ancient trial, that the key in my hand matched the hole on the door of the gigantic machine.
In the machine, there were a lot of complex controllers. There was a keyboard with only numbers, a <TRAVEL> button, etc. On the wall, it said: <Leonardo Da Vinci: the Time Traveler>. I immediately noticed that this machine was TIME MACHINE.
I instantly attempted to travel 100 years forward. I landed somewhere near a library. I went in and asked an automated librarian about the location of the books about history. And I found a book titled-<The Judgement Day of the 21st Century. I sought the solution to the virus. And I was able to find a place where the author acknowledged that the virus solution was discovered by a scientist named Leonardo Einstein. He was living as a recluse, in the forests.
I visited Dr. Einstein and asked for the vaccine. At first he refused to tell me anything about it, thinking that I was a psychopath. But as I beseeched him, he told me the vaccine’s ingredients.
I went back in time to the present. I asked the scientists to conduct an animal testing. It soon got approved by the FDA. When the virus was starting to spread, the U.S. Government distributed the vaccine. I was hailed as a heroic figure. When I visited the future back again, there was my name on the Encyclopedia instead of Leonardo Einstein.
No comments:
Post a Comment